Some of the Girl Scouts mentioned they “love” horses. So, this might be fun for some of the teens. The Sunnyside Saddle Club is in need of volunteers for a couple of positions that I have listed below.
- An adult to supervise cooking, and junior volunteers
- Junior volunteers to help with counter duties and set up and clean up/closing of snack shack.
- Adult volunteer to help with set up and clean up/closing of snack shack.
- Adult would be in charge of grilling hamburgers, hot dogs, making coffee and supervise crock pots.
- Adult would make sure sanitary conditions are in place at all times.
- Help with set up of classes including setting up jumps and trail courses.
- Help with opening and closing of gate during classes
Shows are held at Sunnyside Saddle Club arena located near east end of Rohr Park on Sweetwater Road, near Central. It is on North side of Chula Vista golf course. The shift can be all day 7:30-4:00 or split into 2 shifts
July 8 (rain day only) so probably no show
October 21 fun show
All shows start at 8:00 so need to be in Snack Shack by 7:00 a.m. to get set up
Oct. fun show starts at 9:00 so need to be in Snack Shack by 7:30 – 8:00 a.m. to get set up
I’ve loved horses my whole life and this might be some young person’s dream to be around horses etc. and to volunteer and see what it takes to be an equestrian. If you’re interested in volunteering you can contact Kelly Shilling at email@example.com. For reference, my parents own Mt. Miguel Equestrian Center in Bonita and my mom, Judy Tieber, still rides today.